It didn’t take long to notice a couple changes which needed to be made to the minify plugin. With the amount of javascript development I’ve been doing I use it regularly. One change is the shortcut keys conflicted with other plugins which I use, so I changed them to the following:

  • Minify JS: Ctrl+U
  • Minify CSS: Ctrl+Alt+U

The other issue (not really an issue but it bothered me) is that the JSMin library the plugin is using didn’t clean all line breaks, leaving many lines even if there are few characters on each line. I added a quick regular expression to clean up those. Now we get a nice one-liner. I’ve mainly been minifying the same few scripts over and over so I hope this works for other libraries as well.